Based on the best-selling Wusthof Classic Series, each Wusthof Classic Ikon knife is drop forged from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium steel and tempered to an optimal Rockwell 58 hardness. This specialised high-carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensures that the cutting edge of the knife is both razor sharp and easy to resharpen.
The knife blade is skilfully honed by hand to an incredibly sharp edge, the entire length of which can be sharpened due to the partial bolster. The blade is ground thinner than usual, so there is less resistance when chopping and slicing. Finally a computer controlled grinding and polishing of the blade ensures that there is a perfect tapering from bolster to tip providing you with a knife with maximum strength, balance and heft.
- The full tang knife has a beautiful, synthetic handle that is stylishly contoured to give your hand comfort and control. Stainless steel triple rivets secure the slightly curved, weighted handle to the blade while maintaining its elegant appearance and superb ergonomic comfort
- It is the perfectly weighted bolster which gives the knife its heft and serves to protect your fingers too. The Ikon Series has a precision bolster angled towards the hand for exceptional comfort, control and balance. The precision bolster is tapered, allowing total-edge sharpening from tip to handle
- 4086-0 - 9 cm Paring knife
- 4126-0 - 14 cm Sausage knife
- 4166-0 - 20 cm Bread knife
- 4176-0 - 17 cm Santoku knife
- 4506-0 - 16 cm Utility knife
- 4596-0 - 20 cm Cook's knife
- Materials: High carbon stainless steel and POM
- We recommend that, after each use, you wash your knives with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully and dry with a towel. Corrosive food particles will not affect your blade if washed off directly after use
- This item comes with a lifetime warranty